Vrutti & CMS have been working in the ‘Education sector’ for the past seventeen years, providing variety of services, across the programme cycle.
The supports provided by CMS & Vrutti in this sector have largely been in the areas of:
- Large scale concurrent impact evaluations using experimental, quasi-experimental and mixed methods, using quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Summative evaluations – Project and Programme Evaluations (mid-term and end-term), using variety of methodologies, for stand-alone education programs or education as a part of integrated program
- Design and Implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Systems, for programs that focus on learning outcomes
- Support in Developing Theory of Change/ Result-based Project Plans, for programs and organisations involved in education
- Sustainability Assessment, for the community organisations and support organisations working/ governing education inputs/ learning outcomes in communities
- Piloting and Scaling up initiatives (action research and implementation), in collaboration with organisations/ programs to undertake initiatives that address ‘learning outcomes’
- Research into specific areas, such as level of teachers’ and students’ absenteeism, etc.
- Facilitating networking and partnerships
Currently Vrutti / CMS is the India Partner & acts as the India hub for the Centre of Education Innovations, a global network run by the Results for Development Institute, US with funding support from the Department for International Development, UK.
- CEI increases access to quality education for the poor by identifying, analyzing, and connecting non-state education innovations:
- IDENTIFY: CEI provides comprehensive, up-to-date information about non-state programs with the potential to improve the way education systems operate for the poor.
- Catalyst Management Services
- ANALYZE: CEI analyzes programs in order to translate good practices and build the body of research on non-state innovations and their role in education.
- CONNECT: CEI connects those who are implementing, funding, and analyzing programs in order to facilitate the growth and adaptation of successful models.